In Honor of Fathers –
Posted by solitaireparke
Father’s day is just a few days away. It’s a time of honoring your father and his contributions to your life. This day is dedicated to all the fathers in the world who have given many sacrifices in bringing up their children and molding them into better people.
Here are some of the famous quotes for special fathers.
- “A man never stands as tall as when he kneels to help a child.”
- “A father is a fellow who has replaced the currency in his wallet with the snapshots of his kids and family.”
- “It is not flesh and blood, but the heart which makes us fathers and sons.”
- “Father!—to God himself we cannot give a holier name!” – William Wordsworth
- “The imprint of a father remains forever on the life of the child.” – Roy Lessin
- “We never know the love of a parent till we become parents ourselves.” – Henry Ward Beecher
- “My father gave me my dreams. Thanks to him, I could see a future.” – Liza Minnelli
- “The greatest mark of a father is how he treats his children when no one is looking.” – Dan Pearce
- “A father is the one friend upon whom we can always rely. In the hour of need, when all else fails, we remember him upon whose knees we sat when children, and who soothed our sorrows; and even though he may be unable to assist us, his mere presence serves to comfort and strengthen us.” – Émile Gaboriau
- “Good fathers do three things: they provide, they nurture and they guide.” – Roland Warren
- “A good father is one of the most unsung, unpraised, unnoticed and yet one of the most valuable assets in our society.” – Billy Graham
- “Sometimes the poorest man leaves his children the richest inheritance.” – Ruth E. Renkel
- “One father is more than a hundred schoolmasters.” – George Herbert
- “Real fatherhood means love and commitment and sacrifice and a willingness to share responsibility, and not walking away from one’s children.” – William Bennett
- Fatherhood is a very natural thing; it’s not something that shakes up my life but rather it enriches it.” – Andrea Bocelli
To all of you who have been lucky enough to have a wonderful father, or those of you who are working hard at being a great father – HAPPY FATHER’S DAY!!!
About solitaireparkeSolitaire Parke is an author of Science Fiction/Urban Fantasy, Poetry and Larger World books. He is a lover of dragons, the poetry of Edgar Allan Poe, and has a large collection of science fiction books and movies. After becoming an award winning photographer and earning a degree in music theory, he worked in graphic and web design, but he always returns to writing. When he is not writing, you can find him reading, watching a sci-fi television show or movie, or researching a new “techno gadget” on the internet. He now resides in Arizona with his family and is the proud owner of Tairobi, his Manx cat, who has been an enormous help in the writing process by lying on the computer keyboard - always willing to lend a paw or two!
Posted on June 15, 2017, in Father's Day, Holidays and tagged Dragomeir Series, dragon books, fantasy, Father's Day, fiction, holidays, indie author, self publishing, solitaire parke, urban fantasy, writing. Bookmark the permalink. Leave a comment.
This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.