Category Archives: author website
Time travel is described as the concept in which people are able to move backwards into the past or forwards into the future. This subject is one of my favorites, and I have written a few science fiction/fantasy books which focus on time travel in my Dragomeir Series. You can check them out at my website – www.solitaireparke.com
What is it about time travel that keeps us coming back for more? First of all, is it even possible? Yes, and you’re doing it right now – moving forward into the future at the rate of one second per second. But this isn’t the kind of time travel that has made science fiction writers so prolific, or movie makers so fascinated that Wikipedia lists over 400 titles in the category “Movies about Time Travel.” Traveling by way of a time machine or by using some other means into the past or future is what is really intriguing. If you are one of the many who find time travel to be incredible, you might want to check out the following ten movies.
- The Adam Project – “After accidentally crash-landing in 2022, time-traveling fighter pilot Adam Reed teams up with his 12-year-old self for a mission to save the future.
- The Tomorrow War – A family man is drafted to fight in a future war where the fate of humanity relies on his ability to confront the past.
- Tenet – Armed with only one word, Tenet, and fighting for the survival of the entire world, a protagonist journeys through a twilight world of international espionage on a mission that will unfold in something beyond real time.
- Palm Springs – Stuck in a time loop, two wedding guests develop a budding romance while living the same day over and over again.
- Boss Level – Trapped in a time loop that constantly repeats the day of his murder, a former special forces agent must unlock the mystery behind his untimely demise.
- 12 Monkeys – In a future world devastated by disease, a convict is sent back in time to gather information about the man-made virus that wiped out most of the human population on the planet.
- Looper – In 2074, when the mob wants to get rid of someone, the target is sent into the past, where a hired gun awaits – someone like Joe – who one day learns the mob wants to ‘close the loop’ by sending back Joe’s future self for assassination.
- Avengers: Endgame – After the devastating events of Avengers: Infinity War (2018), the universe is in ruins. With the help of remaining allies, the Avengers assemble once more in order to reverse Thanos’ actions and restore balance to the universe.
- Time Machine – Hoping to alter the events of the past, a 19th century inventor instead travels 800,000 years into the future, where he finds humankind divided into two warring races.
- Donnie Darko – After narrowly escaping a bizarre accident, a troubled teenager is plagued by visions of a man in a large rabbit suit who manipulates him to commit a series of crimes.
To all the Travelers out there – Be Safe!
Writing a book is hard work and writing on a regular basis is occasionally a struggle. It may not happen with every book you write, but depending on the subject matter, your story can get somewhat complicated and leave you in a quandary as to where to proceed next – and did I mention the unending distractions that intrude on your concentration whenever you sit down at the keyboard? Well, life happens, and you just have to find a work-around. Sometimes your best ideas come when you’re not in front of the computer. Talk to a friend or go outside and take a walk. A change of scenery might be what puts an end to the brain fog or confusion or sparks that next idea.
I’m in the process of writing a book called “The Atrium” which I am striving to finish in the next few months. It hasn’t been a straightforward narrative and somewhat complicated, as it deals with the struggle between life and death. It is a candid exploration of how one man deals with not knowing if he will live or die and how he reacts to past events. If he dies, can he make peace with his life? Will he have a future, and if he does, how will it change his life going forward?
The subject of this book is not a simple one, but it will hopefully make you stop and reevaluate your life, if only to perceive a new understanding of experiences and people. The connections made and compassion that we show can bring about a new clarity to our lives and those around us that can make a difference. Writing this book has been an eye-opener for me and it is my wish that it will do the same for those who read it.
All the hustle and bustle of Christmas is well underway and a lot of us are still out there getting our last minute gifts for family and friends. I’m very close to being ready for the big day. The next few days will be very busy ones for most of us. I’m still occupying my time writing while all the festivities are going on around me and hope to finish my current book in the Spring of 2022. It’s called The Atrium, and you can find a a short summary of it’s contents on my website at www.solitaireparke.com.
In the meantime, listen to all the beautiful Christmas music, watch all the great Christmas movies and check out all the books to read as well. Here’s wishing all of you a very Merry Christmas and hoping that in spite of everything crazy that’s happening in the world right now, that you and your family have a wonderful and blessed holiday time together!
Holiday Cheer to everyone!
Welcome to the
Smashwords author discounts on their ebooks.
Why is it called “Summer/Winter?” Here in the Northern hemisphere, it’s mid-summer. Readers are loading their e-reading devices for summer beach reading and vacations in the age of COVID-19 – staycations. South of the equator, readers are now in the middle of winter. They’re ready to curl up in front of the fireplace and enjoy a great read too!
So, check it out and stock up on your favorite genres of books at great discounts!
You’ll find my Dragomeir Series, which includes the new fourth book, Back from Oblivion, as well as the Daughter of the Dark Lord Series (Prequel to Dragomeir), and others. Also listed at my website along with other extras. (Only ebooks at Smashwords are discounted)
Have a safe and happy summer.
A return to the Dragomeir science fiction/fantasy series,
continuing Katherine Pendragon/ Queen Mother’s story.
Book synopsis –
Queen Mother of Mt. Drago has a lifelong goal to liberate the Denizen people. After locking away her father, the Dark Lord, in Oblivion she is taking them to the planet 267. Tanis is a dragon rider and an important person in her past, present, and future. Through a series of misadventures, he regains the memories of not only his past but the accumulative knowledge gained by his future self and goes forward in time to effectively rewrite history. The earth becomes a burned-out cinder in 300 years because of the anomalies caused from time travel, so Tanis takes steps with his future self to remedy the situation. Guided by the Watcher, both Tanis and Queen Mother become stronger and wiser people through their efforts. They learn the importance of working together and with others as they strive to champion for all while fulfilling their own destinies.
To read excerpts from the books and find out how it all began – check out the PREQUEL BOOKS on my website at WWW.SOLITAIREPARKE.COM
Have a great day and stay safe!
Posted in author website, books about dragons, Dragomeir Series, dragon books, dragon lovers, Egg of the Amphitere, Flight of the Aguiva, Katherine Pendragon, prequel books, the dragomeir books, The Emerald Dragon
Smashwords authors are reaching out to do their part by using the power of their books to help minimize the emotional and economic hardships we all face in every country. Many of us are faced with having to stay at home and stay isolated from others in order to contain this global pandemic. So we, as authors, want to do our part by offering LARGE DISCOUNTS of 30%, 60%, or even FREE on select ebooks, starting now through April 20th.
We hope that all of you readers might find comfort and enjoyment from them and it might make your day a little brighter. If you find a favorite book during the sale, please consider reading their other books as well. There are 140,000 authors that publish at Smashwords from every country around the world. They are all your friends and neighbors.
You can find all my Smashwords’ books here: https://www.smashwords.com/profile/view/solitaireparke
The first book in the Dragmeir Series – The Emerald Dragon – is FREE
The first book in the Daughter of the Dark Lord Series (prequel books to Dragomeir)
Daughter of the Dark Lord, The Burning Sky) – FREE
Please spread the word, take care and stay safe!
Tags: authors give back, book discounts, book sale, Daughter of the Dark Lord, Dragomeir Series, dragon books, fantasy, fiction, free books, science fiction, smashword, solitaire parke, the dragomeir books, The Emerald Dragon, urban fantasy
Hello Readers! The new website is now up and running! So come visit and read the latest news about the Dragomeir Books, as well as the Larger World Series, and much more. You’ll find my Blog, Fun Facts and Extras, and discover what books are forthcoming. See you at the website!
Have any questions or things you’d like to know about? Contact me!