Category Archives: healthy foods for creative minds
If you’re struggling with feeling tired, uninspired, or have writer’s block, maybe you should take a good look at your diet. We tend to blame everything for not being at our peak performance, but what if it’s partially as a result of what we eat? Creative minds place very tall demands on our brains, and to do our best work we should think about what affects our productivity. We probably won’t produce our best work if our bodies feel tired and sluggish. So check out the list below:
FOODS FOR CREATIVITY
- FISH – High in Omega3 fats which are essential for healthy brain function
- EGGS – Contains choline which enhances memory and reaction times
- WHOLE WHEAT BREAD, PASTA, AND BROWN RICE – They are digested more
slowly than their white equivalents, so you don’t experience creativity-killing energy
highs and lows
- BANANAS – Contains potassium needed for oxygen flow to the brain, keeps energy levels up with just the right amount of glucose
- BLUEBERRIES – Contain antioxidants which improve memory
- UNSALTED NUTS AND SEEDS – Great source of proteins and fats which provide long-lasting energy
- BROCCOLI – Your brain’s best friend. Contains Vitamin K which enhances cognitive functions – works best when eaten raw or roasted with olive oil and garlic
- SWEET POTATO CRISPS – Baked crisps, thinly sliced, with a little salt. Contains more potassium than bananas – needed for oxygen flow to the brain
If you know there are certain foods that will tempt you, just don’t keep them around.
Make sure you don’t over-indulge. Even healthy foods and snacks can quickly lead to a
sugar crash. (Avoid foods and snacks containing high fructose corn syrup).
It’s always a good idea to eat a healthy breakfast to start your day.
Have a snack a couple times during the day – maybe an apple or some unsalted nuts.
These are some ideas that should help to keep the creativity flowing and keep your brain functioning all day. So, what works for you? If you have a special diet that helps you to write, think, and learn better, let us know.