12 Reasons Why Writing is Important.
Posted by solitaireparke
- Sometimes an idea makes little sense until you can see it in words. It also helps when you’re trying to explain your idea to another person—if they can see it written down, it goes a long way for understanding.
- Communication – It is an essential skill that allows you to communicate with people. It also helps to build vocabulary skills, which in turn can improve our social skills. Nowadays we use far less words to communicate than our forefathers.
- Discipline – If you learn to write on a regular basis, it builds discipline. In other words, it provides you with direction and training.
- It engages your brain – both the creative side and the logical or analytical side, allowing you to make sense of what is being stated. It also improves memory function and helps you make better decisions.
- By writing things down we can often work through an idea or problem and come up with possible solutions. It helps to keep our thoughts organized.
- The written word very often influences how we think in society – via authors, journalists, bloggers, speechwriters, etc.
- We wouldn’t know what happened in history without those who took the time to write about it.
- Everyone has at least one book inside of them. We all have a story to tell, and no two stories are alike. The experiences of others can be very enlightening and can often influence and be of help.
- Keeping a journal is very often a means to better mental health. It is important for dealing with anxiety, depression, and other issues. You may not be able to tell someone what is bothering you, but writing down your thoughts and feelings can help you to change your outlook and reset your thinking. Writing down your anxieties or fears can often diminish them in our minds and put us in a greater state of ease. In short, it promotes emotional and spiritual well-being.
- Sometimes you need reminders of what your goals are to stay on track. You are more likely to achieve them if they are written down and you can refer to them to keep you heading in the right direction.
- Making a To Do list is often extremely helpful to organize your ideas and helps you to remember important things that need to be done. We all have busy, fast-paced lives that make it difficult to remember everything all the time.
- When you take the time to write to a loved one or a friend it forms a bond that would not otherwise have been made. You can relate something important to them without having to be where they are. It can build memories. When you take the time to write, it tells someone that you care.
Writing is more than just a means of communication; it is a powerful tool that can be used to inspire, persuade, and even change the world.
Posted in 12 reasons why writing is important, author blog, author website, blogging, mental health awareness, writing tips
Tags: books, change the world, communication, communication with others, discipline, engage your brain, goals, history, importance of writing, journaling, self-discipline, socialization, solitaire parke, solitaireparke.com, solving problems, thinking, to do lists, vocabulary, writing for mental health, writing goals, writing ideas, writing mind-set, writing process, writing stories, written word