Monthly Archives: August 2019
Posted by solitaireparke
It’s a line spoken by actor, Tim Allen, from a movie – “Galaxy Quest.” It’s one of the funniest sci-fi spoofs ever made. It’s just one of those feel-good movies that you watch again and again, and it has a great message. It’s so easy to get lost amidst the responsibilities and difficulties of life. We struggle to find the time to write or create, and sometimes it can be all too confusing and disheartening to keep up the drive. Many of us are working day jobs and trying to fit in our writing or whatever our passion is, around everything else. What we need is creative clarity about what we’re creating and why we’re doing it in the first place. Go back to the ”well” so to speak, and dig deep for your source of inspiration. Do you have a great story that needs to be expressed, whether it’s as an author or in a painting? Someone out there needs to hear or see what you have to say and it will profoundly connect with them in a meaningful way, and that is important. It means continuing to be an artist even when there are setbacks, and a lack of validation. That clarity will help you to prioritize amidst your busy life, and your amazing creation will materialize and give the world something to think about besides its everyday routine. To be elevated above the mundane into a place that is intriguing, magical, whimsical or exquisite is what teaches us how to thrive and experience truly being alive!
Never give up – Never Surrender!
Check out my website for upcoming books and fun features.
Tags: author motivation, books, books about dragons, creative motivation, creativity, Galaxy Quest, helpful writing tips, indie authors, movies, sci-fi/fantasy, solitaire parke, Tim Allen, writing, writing inspiration
Posted by solitaireparke
- “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
Nothing is going to get better. It’s not.”― Dr. Seuss, The Lorax
- To the world you may be one person; but to one person you may be the world.”
- “When you think things are bad,
when you feel sour and blue,
when you start to get mad…
you should do what I do!
Just tell yourself, Duckie,
you’re really quite lucky!
Some people are much more…
oh, ever so much more…
oh, muchly much-much more
unlucky than you!”
- Be yourself; everyone else is already taken.”
― Oscar Wilde
- I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.”
― Maya Angelou
- “Nothing is impossible, the word itself says ‘I’m possible’!”
― Audrey Hepburn
- “Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving.”
― Albert Einstein
- “You’re going to come across people in your life who will say all the right words at all the right times. But in the end, it’s always their actions you should judge them by. It’s actions, not words that matter.
― Nicholas Sparks, The Rescue
If you have a favorite quote, please share or comment.